Powered By Blogger

Monday 31 October 2011

why I write

I felt encouraged to write the other day, as I had not written for a little while. So I thought I would write about why I write.

Sometimes when the day does not make sense
And time has passed by without notice
I find I have missed out on something of importance
An important headline of the days happenings,
A good conversation with a long standing friend.
Sometimes even a telephone call with a distant companion,
So now I write things down, I write things down so I notice more,
Like how a person motions when they are passionately speaking
Or how a red and orange leaf falls ever softer through the wind
Settling peacefully to the ground. Or sometimes I now notice
The people passing by some with face of focus and others
Others looking for a wonder why, while seeking answers in the hosts above
Other times I like to step out of the mayhem and thank the Lord he made it all.
I find as I write that my hidden expressions become a reality on a page
That I can share with people that which I hid so well
I write to let people know what is happening in the life of me, behind the Grecian mask.
I write so my heart can speak what my mouth cannot. That is most important of all.

1 comment:

  1. Bless you mate, I just found the link in the Mens D application, what joy and gift you have to share Richard, Lord bless you mate

    Steve

    ReplyDelete