Powered By Blogger

Monday 10 October 2011

At Thy Feet

Inadequate I came before your throne

Ashamed to bring my face into your light

Legs trembling, throat dry, back arched

Brow shadowed eyes, open only slight.



Edging forward, ever slower goes the pace

Every heart beat a war hammer against my chest

“You’re not worthy” whispers the deceiver’s voice

I answer, “I know I am not the best”


Thoughts engulfed in me, myself and I

A warm, comforting grasp upon my shoulder

I ever slowly lift my shadowed face

The burden borne large like a boulder


Unworthy and quivering still

The grasp encourages me to look

Now kneeling, I lift my eyes into light

I know only of Him from His Book.


He beckons me to stand, I cannot

He calls me to stand, quaking I arise.

Heartfelt warmth surrounds me

As I gaze into The Potters eyes.


I ask Him to take my heart, and do His work

I hand my heart over to Him, with fear

I ask Him to change me, mold me.

It won’t be easy, but He is near.


He begins to peel back the layers

Helplessness takes hold of my mind

Strength sapped from my very being

The boulder He was meant to find


The weight is lifted and disposed of

I fall to my knees again, willingly

I worship His name, and praise Him

A rarity as tears fall abundantly


My all, my everything, less of me.

My mind says more of you,

My strength, really His, my hope.

And now I can start anew.


I thank the Lord morning, noon and night,

I praise the Lord for revealing me to me

I live my days now under His wing

I was blind but now I see


Father use me, all of me

a fire burning bright

a joyful breath, and heartbeat

my goal, Jesus is in my sight.


the Joy of my heart, forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment